One of the most challenging things for us, is that we are always hungry after we work out. I guess we should have a post work out recovery shake with us, but we rarely do. On a weekend, the hunger does unimaginable things to us -> It tempts us to go hunt for breakfast food! Therefore we generally enjoy going out to a power breakfast.
Mark and I have been trying to eat in a lot more. It was rather hard until we perfected this little gem. It has everything we like, meat, vegetable, eggs and it is super fast. Now, after our workout on Saturday or Sunday(actually almost after workouts), we will both crave for this.
Our ultimate paleo post workout beef patty breakfast. DeLISH! It is also ready in 15 minutes once the patties are made in advance:
- 1 pound ground beef - we prefer ground sirloin - 90% / 10%.
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 3 slices of raw pancetta from the packet - diced
- ¼ large onion
- ½ egg
- Use a food processor to fully diced up the onion.
- Pour the onion mix over a very fine meshed sieve
- Use a spatula to press out all its juice.
- Put ground beef, salt, egg, diced pancetta and onion paste into a big bowl.
- Knead with hand.
- Then divide into 4 equal portions. Ready for 4 servings.
We normally make 2-3 pounds of ground beef patties and freeze a portion of it leaving 4 patties to be used for Saturday’s and Sunday’s breakfast.
Brunch / Breakfast in 12 minutes and this is how we do it:
- First thing -> Get the vegetables going.
- Boil water for steamer pan.
- Set vegetables to steam for 10-12 minutes, depending on your preference for texture.
- Second thing -> Almost in parallel, get the meat going.
- Heat the pan up or grill up. Once it sizzles(water droplets rolling about) when a drop of water is sprayed on it, set the patties into the pan
- Leave it and do not touch it for 4 minutes. Flip it and cook for 4 minutes on the other side
- Third thing -> Lastly, easy over eggs.
- Heat a smaller pan for the eggs after you set the patties into the pan. Pour a table spoon of olive oil onto the pan.
- Crack two eggs onto the pan and fry for 1.5 minutes before easing onto the other side.
- Cook for another 1 minutes. Ready for serving.
- Plate and serve vegetables and easy over eggs over patties.
This is our current favorite because it is fast, tasty and really what we want in a breakfast( and actually any meal) after a good workout. Hope you enjoy it too!