On Saturday, we normally start the day working out and then go for weekly grocery shopping. Then we will proceed to eat lunch and prepare food for the week. We do not have anything else in the fridge, so when we got home, we really just want to eat immediately.
Today, we defaulted to a simple easy beef stir fry. It could be a chicken stir fry or just vegetable stir fry as well. Easy, simple and tasty ~ When I want to do something special, this is what we would do…..
Use a better cut (like a filet 🙂 ) I know it sounds funny, but a filet mignon Stir fry is really tasty!
The best thing about this dish is its versatility, taste and healthy ratings 🙂 You can use any type of meat and any type of vegetable. We normally will add an easy over egg on top of the stir fry because eggs really just make everything taste better.
- ¼ white onion
- ¼ of red cabbage
- 0.1 lbs of snow peas (or a handful)
- ½ zucchini sliced
- 3 small carrots sliced
- ¼ of cauliflower
- 0.75 lbs of beef - sliced or 1 chicken breast or chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seed, if preferred
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup of water or chicken stock or 🙂 I like a splash of red / white wine.
- 2 eggs - separate easy over egg to serve over the stir fry.
- Heat up the pan and once hot, add in the sliced beef. Leave them in the same spot for ~1-2 minutes. Flip to other side for another 1-2 minutes and then remove from heat and set aside. (if you are cooking and using chicken, make sure to keep on pan for additional time)
- Return the pan to the heat and add the olive oil into the pan. Add in onions and carrots. Stir for ~ 1-2 minutes
- Next add in the red cabbage and snow peas. Stir for another 2 minutes.
- Lastly add the cauliflower and the zucchini. Add some liquid - my preference is some red wine.
- Add salt and pepper and stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Plate and serve the vegetables with the beef. Garnish with sesame seeds.